This tutorial has for goal to give an overview all most of the capabilities of GAMA. In particular, it presents how to build a simple model and the use of GIS data, graphs, 3D visualization, multi-level modeling and differential equations. All the files related to this tutorial (images and models) are available in the Models Library (project Tutorials/Incremental Model).
The model built in this tutorial concerns the study of the spreading of a disease in a small city. Three type of entities are taken into account: the people, the buildings and the roads.
We made the following modeling choice:
- Simulation step: 1 minute
- People are moving on the roads from building to building
- People use the shortest path to move between buildings
- All people have the same speed and move at constant speed
- Each time, people arrived at a building they are staying a certain time
- The staying time depends on the current hour (lower at 9h - go to work - at 12h go to lunch - at 18h - go back home)
- Infected people are never cured
This tutorial is composed of 7 steps corresponding to 7 models. For each step we present its purpose, an explicit formulation and the corresponding GAML code.